Alliance Française of Westchester’s main offices are located in the Arts Westchester building on Mamaroneck Avenue at the heart of White Plains, NY. This is where you can find most of our teachers as well as our admin team, and of course our French library.
From Monday to Saturday, most of the classes we offer are taking place in this building on the 6th floor, where we have several classrooms. On this location we offer classes for everyone: French classes for adults, toddlers, children and teenagers, from complete beginner level to highly advanced levels. We also offer private lessons for students of any age, whether they want to learn French for a leisurely purpose, for business or to prepare for an upcoming exam such as the AP French, DELF, DALF, TEF or TCF.
Our usual schedule in White Plains from Monday to Friday
- In the morning, we offer classes for adults, starting as early as 8.55am, but also at 9.30 am or 11am.
- Around lunch time, we mostly offer special workshops or private lessons, as well as free conversation groups or book clubs.
- From 3pm until 6pm or 7pm, we mostly offer classes for children and teenagers. Most of our children classes start around 3.30pm, 4pm, 4.30pm or 5.30pm, although our classrooms are usually available for private French lessons for children between 3pm and 4pm.
- Starting from 6pm or 7pm depending on the day, we offer French classes for adults, free conversation groups or cultural events. For example, our ciné-clubs usually run on Thursday and Friday evenings once a month and our other events (literary events, conferences, concerts, wine tastings, etc.) often take place on a Thursday or Friday night. Our latest classes or events usually finish by 9pm.
All these regular activities run from September until June, while our summer schedule is slightly different as we offer French summer camps for children and French summer classes for teenagers, as well as intensive French classes for adults who want to brush-up their French quickly before going on vacation to Western Europe, Québec, or other French-speaking areas.
Our usual schedule in White Plains on Saturdays
- From 8.55am until 10.55am, we mostly run classes for adults. Although if your child is an early riser, some of our teachers may be available for private lessons for children or teenagers as early as 8am!
- From 11am to 1pm, we usually run mostly French classes for Francophone children and teens, i.e. children who usually have a least one Francophone parent and speak French at home on a regular basis, or children who have attended a French or bilingual school in the past and therefore have a very advanced level in French. Those classes have a much stronger focus on written French than classes we offer for non-Francophone children and teens.
- From 1pm to 5.30pm, we mostly offer classes for non-Francophone children and teens, either in groups or as private lessons. If your children are already learning French at school but need to improve their spoken or written French, this time is usually good for them to reinforce their language skills.
- Occasionally, we also offer special workshops for adults on Saturday afternoons, as well as family-oriented cultural events. Those are usually advertised on our events page as their schedule is irregular.
- Our Saturday classes, events and private lessons finish at 5.30pm at the latest.
If you have any questions about French classes we offer in White Plains, please contact us or visit us during opening hours!