- As a membership organization, we require that all students in our language classes (group and private) be members of the Alliance Française de Westchester.
- If your annual membership is to expire during a session of class for which you register, we will require that you renew and pay for your membership at the time of registration.
- Tuition for a class does not include the $50 annual membership fee (or the cost of books).
- Group classes require a minimum of 5 students, unless otherwise indicated.
- We reserve the right to cancel, reschedule or postpone a class before the first day of class. Registered students will be offered a choice of full refund of the tuition or a credit.
- Private classes are available, tailor-made to fit the student’s choice of time and content. A minimum of ten hours is required.
- Late registration for a class is permitted only if the class instructor agrees. If permitted for a group class, the tuition payment will be prorated (to equal the number of classes remaining in the session times the amount per class).
- Adult classes are for 18 year-olds and up.
- Toddlers classes require the presence of an adult parent or caregiver.
AFW reserves the right to dismiss any student whose behavior is inappropriate or disruptive to the learning environment, AFW’s premises, or to other students and/or AFW staff. If AFW receives such a complaint from a teacher, staff and/or fellow students about a student, a meeting will be called with that student or, for any student under 18 years of age, with that student’s parent or guardian, to notify him or her of the complaint and to request a change if and when warranted. If after that warning, the student continues to be disruptive, the student will be dismissed, and, when deemed appropriate by AFW, in its sole discretion, AFW will issue a pro-rated refund for any classes not yet taken.
- Membership fee must be paid in full before or at the 1st class.
- Tuition for a GROUP class may be paid either in full before or at the 1st class, or in installments. If installment option is chosen, the full tuition cost will be divided into 3 equal installments, and each installment will be payable by check or cash before the 1st, 5th, and 9th classes, together with a $20 surcharge on each installment amount.
- Tuition packages for a PRIVATE class must be purchased in advance and paid in full before the first class of a package, with a minimum purchase requirement of 6 hours per package. There is no installment payment option for private classes.
- A $25 fee will be applied to any bounced check.
Withdrawal & Refunds
- Tuition for a group class is non-refundable unless a student provides us with written notice that he or she intends to withdraw from a class. Written notice can be submitted to us in person at our offices on the 6th floor of 31 Mamaroneck Avenue in White Plains, or by e-mail to us at [email protected], or by mail or overnight delivery. Notice of withdrawal or request for refund cannot be made by telephone. Written notice will be considered effective upon our receipt (except if the notice is mailed, USPS postmark can act as the effective date).
- Tuition refunds will be for the full tuition amount paid, less a $50 administrative fee and less the prorated tuition cost for the classes held prior to the effective date of the notice of withdrawal.
- Tuition refunds will be processed by check within 3 weeks of effective date of the notice of withdrawal.
- Membership fees are not refundable upon a withdrawal.
- Book costs are not refundable for books that have been already picked up.
- Tuition payments made for packages of private classes are not refundable.
- Gift certificates are not refundable.
Cancellation & Missed Classes
- We reserve the right to cancel courses, adjust curriculum or change instructors at any time before or during a session if deemed necessary.
- If your group class is cancelled before the first class (typically in the event of insufficient enrollment), you will be given the option to transfer to another course or to have your tuition refunded in full. A NEW student (only) who opts for the tuition refund will also be given the choice of canceling the newly acquired membership and being refunded the membership fee.
- Make-ups for missed group classes are permitted only if the class instructor agrees. A package for a minimum of 6 hours must be purchased. These hours can then be used at any time within a year of initial purchase.
- There are no refunds or credits for group classes not attended.
- A student canceling a private class must notify the instructor directly, by phone or e-mail, at least 24 hours before the scheduled class in order to avoid the hourly charge and receive the credit toward a make-up session.
Closings & Holidays
- In the event of inclement weather, all students (group and private) are expected to check our website, to ascertain whether the class will be held as scheduled or postponed and re-scheduled for another date or time.
- The Alliance Francaise de Westchester closes for the following holidays:
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day (and the Friday and Saturday immediately following)
- Winter Break (including the Christmas and New Year Holidays)
- Summer Break (2 first weeks in August)
- This describes our policies and practices as they relate to your personal information and how it is used by AFW. Our primary goal is to respect your privacy and safety online. Our web site uses a number of technologies and record-keeping methods to provide you with easy and safe browsing at afwestchesterny.org.
- What information do you collect about me when I visit afwestchesterny.org?
IP Addresses: Alliance Française de Westchester stores the Internet Protocol (IP) address of your computer when you visit our site. We use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server to administer our web site, and to gather broad demographic information.
- What does Alliance Française de Westchester do with my information?
AFW uses information collected voluntarily from customers to keep them informed of announcements, course listings and events available from Alliance Française de Westchester. We may periodically send our members a variety of topical e-mails relating to Alliance Française de Westchester events and services. If you, as a customer, at any time wish to not receive additional e-mail from Alliance Française de Westchester you can let us know in several ways:
- Respond to an e-mail from Alliance Française de Westchester and include UNSUBSCRIBE in the e-mail remark field. Your name will be immediately removed from the mailing list.
- You can email us directly at [email protected] and provide us with your e-mail address and request us to stop any further e-mail contact.
- You can call us at (914) 681-8735 and ask one of our associates to remove you from the e-mail list.
If you should have any other questions regarding the policy, please email us at [email protected]